Monday, July 22, 2013

I can’t remember the last time I consciously thought, “I’ll wear this because [name of some dude] will like it.” But last night, I did. You see, my designing friend Zang Toi is always trying to get me into shorter skirts and dresses. Whenever I go to his showroom and try on something short, he hikes the hemline four inches higher and says, “Let’s do it here!” Then I lower it three inches and say, “No higher than this!” Occasionally, I cave in, like with the skirt in this photo.

zang3_1024

Zang argued me into this skirt in 2009. This photo is from 2011. Click for original post.

If Zang was the run-of-the-mill type of guy demanding that my clothes be shorter and tighter, I’d be offended. But Zang practices what he preaches. Back in the day, he used to wear hot pants, but now his wardrobe staple is the mini-kilt. Generally, his skirts are shorter than mine, so how can I be mad? That’s why, for dinner at the Carlyle Hotel last night, I decided to make him happy by wearing something on the shorter side.  I was pleased to see he had on a summer kilt. He has great legs, doesn’t he?

zangcrop

Thanks for dinner, Zang!

There was some interesting video art on the outside of the Gagosian Gallery across the street from the Carlyle.

That’s some unusually helpful art. It reminded me that I need to make a dentist appointment!

Here’s a solo outfit photo.

versacecropWhat Wendy Wore
Dress: Versace (2011)
Shoes: Prada (2011)
Purse: Prada (2007)
Lip color: YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte

I’m going to visit Zang’s new showroom this week and I might wear shorts for the occasion. I know, I know. I spoil him!

NOTE: I’ve linked this to the Visible Monday post at Not Dead Yet Style. Click here to see all the other visible wimmins.

22 Responses to “What Wendy Wore: Dressing to Please a Man, Part I”

1. deedee mac says:

I got an admission to Zang Toi’s show in NY (MBFW). LOVE his designs.

2. Gabriala says:

I think I like that kilt action. You both have beautiful gams. I thought Betty Grable when I saw the first picture. Get them insured right away! :-)

3. Melanie says:

Zang Toi is truly a cool dude. He needs to come to Vancouver as an inspiration for more men here. And no wonder he tells you to hike your skirts and dresses – gorgeous gams.

4. Sheila says:

You and Zang both have gorgeous gams! Hurray for men who express themselves through clothes!

If Zang goes to Vancouver, I also would like to know, thanks! :)

5. Alexis Grace says:

Oooh— you two are looking hot! And you shouldn’t fight him on short skirts- you look fantastic!!!!

6. passionfruit says:

Zang’s pins are good, but yours are better! I am sure he would agree. Really like his kilt action.

7. Suzanne says:

Well with great gams like that it’s a wonder you don’t want shorter skirts too. You look amazing!

Strange art exhibit. It’s funny how something so mundane can be sexualized.

bisous
    Suzanne

8. Bella Q
    Twitter: citizenrosebudz

You’ve got legs that rock for days, dammmmn woman. I love that dress on you- fresh and original and cool looking.

9. Franca
    Twitter: apple_franca

I love the versace dress!

10. wow, two sets of fab gams! Gorgeous summer dress you’ve got there – thanks for posting to Vis Monday.

11. He’s so right, and has the eye! Love a man in a kilty thing, but would hate it if his legs were better than mine in the photo. No worries … yours are best and he is quite correct. Wear it all short, or whenever you choose. What a lovely feeling that must be.
    Seriously inpressed!

12. Samantha V
    Twitter: bougtalk

My anti spam word was BE WILDER and I agree you should be wilder- wear shorter skirts they look amazing on you, they are a perfect length on you, your pins are perfection! x