Sunday, August 28, 2011

While I’m watching MTV’s VMA pre-show, I’m reminiscing about the times MrB and I went to the VMAs back in the late ’90s and early 2000s when the show was in New York. I’m pretty sure I wore my white leather wedding outfit to the 2001 show, but that was before I had a digital camera so there’s no photographic evidence. I do have pictures of the silver Plein Sud dress I wore in 2003. We all got a plastic Moonman as a party favor that year and I still have mine … IN THE BOX!

WendyB after the VMAs in 2003. Click for more info on my hairstyle.

I got that dress in Paris in 2001, if I recall correctly. By 2003, I was worried it was too short for me. But I couldn’t part with it and it came in handy for my 2010 Lady Gaga concert costume.

The dress last July. Click for original post.

Help me think of another excuse to wear this one! Halloween ideas are welcome.

20 Responses to “Flashback to My 2003 MTV VMA Fashion”

1. K-Line says:

I don’t think you need an excuse. You’ve got great legs and it’s a great dress.

You’re too kind…and just made me think, “Bloggers’ conference!” Always my excuse for wearing strange things.

2. Eli says:

I imagine something with rollerskates in the future!

3. The Style Crone
    Twitter: judithstylecrone.com

Not too short on you!

4. The dress is adorable and not too short at all.
    I only attended the MTV awards about a million years ago (1992) when my best friend won the award for best video. I can’t remember what I wore, but I’m sure that it wasn’t as rockin’ as your silver dress.

5. Susan Tiner says:

How about a Halloween moonwoman outfit? You would just need a silver moon helmet and some silver moon boots to go with the silver dress.

I agree with K-Line though, you don’t need an excuse!

6. lisa says:

Maybe you could find a figure skating class for adults, sign up and wear this outfit on your first day. :D

7. Faux Fuchsia says:

I love that dress. You’ve got the figure for it so who cares? Meanwhile I note you keep everything- where and how do you store it all? Do you have a massive wardrobe? How’s it all ordered-colour? by event? x

You can see how messy it is here — there is no order whatsoever: http://www.365fashionrehab.com.....igner.html

I store evening gowns because they take up so much room and are worn so infrequently. Now that I think of it, I’ve also stored some of my old “corporate” suits because I can’t bear to part with them. Everything else is just shoved in there!

8. definitely not too short x

9. brett says:

I really wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your Stylist article
    I am dying over thos cherry black jeans from J.Brand
    I hear how fab that brand is, but have never purchased a pair.
    I think those maybe my first purchase!!
    Brett

You looked crazy amazing that night! I think we should invent a new word… “cramazing!”

11. Audi says:

With the short hem and the space-agey silver material, I think you could do a Barbarella costume with this dress!

12. Liv says:

wow you went to the VMAs? that’s so cool! and that dress is fab good thing you kept it b/c it might help you as a go-go dancer

13. Lara says:

I see an extravagant ice princess for a winter costume party.