Sunday, May 12, 2013
The Internets have already declared that my mother, BarbaraB, is a style icon, but in case you need further proof, check out this photo of us.
My appreciation of towering hair and a good hairpiece must have come from BarbaraB. Look at her rocking that wiglet! You can see more photos of her here. Happy Mother’s Day, BarbaraB! And to all you other mothers as well.
Here’s what was on the blog this week:
- Sunday: Looking for punk-inspired jewelry? I’ve got lots of options.
- Monday: If I’d been invited to the punk-themed Met Gala I would have dressed like punk goddess Wendy O. Williams. I wasn’t invited, however, so my favorite looks there belonged to Miley Cyrus and Linda Fargo of Bergdorf Goodman.
- Tuesday: My latest online press appearances are on the National Jeweler, Vice and JCK Magazine websites.
- Wednesday: May’s Jewels of the Month are new emoji and emoji-inspired single stud earrings.
- Thursday: For Throwback Thursday, I squeezed into a dress from 1989.
- Friday: More ass jewelry. And, no, those were not my rings on Anne Hathaway.
- Saturday: Sending good thoughts to blogger Mardel.
The 1989 cocktail dress I was wearing (just barely) in my Throwback Thursday photo reminded my designing friend Stacy Lomman that she wore a 1988 dress to my 2010 New Year’s Eve party.
Love that dress! It’s so classic. It could easily be sold in stores now.