Monday, April 22, 2013

It seems that New York City is skipping spring this year. With one or two exceptions, it’s been very chilly here. I have a feeling we will go straight from chilly to sweltering, without pausing at “pleasant.” On the bright side, the cold weather has given me a chance to wear some winter clothes/accessories that I neglected during the actual winter.

For dinner with friends on Saturday, I got out the peculiar, suede Prada boots that I bought last year.

gamechangegigi-1024x923

Gigi the dog wasn’t sure about these boots last year. Click for original post.

I wasn’t very satisfied with the way I wore them in 2012. I decided a more streamlined look would help.

crazybootsWhat Wendy Wore
Dress: Versace (pre-2005)
Boots: Prada (2012)
Purse: Louis Vuitton (2001)
Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte
Pose: Strange

I think that ensemble is better than my last effort, but I’m open to other suggestions. Interestingly, MrB didn’t realize I was wearing boots until I said something about them. He thought I was wearing shoes and leg warmers. Nice to know he’s the kind of guy who is unfazed by leg warmers.

I’ve added this to Not Dead Yet Style’s Visible Monday blog post. Head on over to Not Dead Yet Style to see what other blogging wimmins are wearing these days.

21 Responses to “What Wendy Wore: The Crazy-Leg Boots Again”

1. Bella Q
    Twitter: citizenrosebudz

I love those boots, or shoes and leg warmers, on you. I am impressed with any man unfazed by leg warmers. Mr B wins the prize. You look delish as a dozen of donuts (my anti-spam word for this comment)and now I’m hungry.

Ugh, that reminds me I lost a bunch of my anti-spam words with a WordPress upgrade. I have to try to remember them!

2. These are fabularse, as my Brit blogger friends say. Thanks for sharing them over at Visible Monday!

You know I love those boots! I’m glad you “kept the faith” and gave them another shot. Gigi’s expression is too much! LOL

4. Anne says:

These are cool! Have you tried the boots over skinny blue jeans? I think the trick might be to not match the boot “leg” color to your actual legs.

Yes, it makes me look like I have a weird skin condition, right? I think jeans could be a good idea. I originally tried them on with jeans!

5. I’d be snickering to myself the whole time I had those boots on, which is exactly how getting dressed ought to be. Thumbs up on the purse, dress, and pose too. Also, “Legwarmers!” needs to be a random exclamation along the lines of “Oh, my stars!” or “Well, I never!” Thanks for the inspo, Mr. B!

6. J. says:

Crazy but fun!

7. Val Sparkle says:

A-MAZ-ING boots! They do kind of look like legwarmers, but with very sexy shoes. If you wear them with jeans, be sure to post that!

8. Couture Carrie
    Twitter: couturecarrie

Amazing look, darling WB!
    Love those boots!

xoxox,
    CC

9. Yes; like the sleek look!

10. What a great look. No, really! I’ve seen these boots before but never worn so well. Such danger of kitch so gracefully managed straight into complete cool.
    I don’t comment often here, but I do read often. Love you sense of humor so wonderfully integrated into you really enviable style.
    I’m a fan, but a quiet one.

Thanks for stopping by, quiet fan! And I think the boots do work better with this dress, but I’m also going to try them with jeans as a few people suggested.

11. Silvergirl says:

Such fun boots
    Brett

12. Deena
    Twitter: fatgirlclothes

Those boots are stone cold killa!

13. Shelley says:

Ooo, if I could wear heels, I would love a pair of crazy-leg boots like that. They really need a simple outfit like the black dress in order to shine – nice styling! Yeah, if a guy is not fazed by legwarmers you know he’s a keeper.

14. Melanie says:

That’s cool that MrB is cool with legwarmers. What would happen if he liked fanny packs? LOL. I love those boots and I love the svelt line you’ve created. I would even consider wearing red-and-white-striped tights with this and maybe a slightly shorter dress to accent those awesome gams and boots even more.