Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Be warned! If you tell me that you’re wearing a style that’s on my radar, I’m going to demand pictures, as I did with two gorgeous friends recently.

Former blogger ENC read my Huffington Post piece on high/low hemlines, aka mullets, and volunteered that she had a mullet sweater. I was very excited to see it because my latest search for “high/low” on Bloomingdales.com turned up lots of tops, so she’s right on trend.

ENC in her high/low Helmut Lang sweater. Great photo, isn't it?

Separately, I was delighted to find out that my non-blogging friend Lizzie took some advice I gave her. When she told me she’d had a root canal, I urged her to make the most out of any dental work on molars by doing what I did last year, when I got a gold crown and engraved it with my initials.

My gold crown, engraved with my initials. Click for original post.

That tooth amuses the hell out of me. You can’t see it when I smile or speak, but I know it’s there. And how impressed am I that Lizzie actually went for it?

Lizzie's crown, engraved with her initials "L.T."

Maybe I have started a dental craze that will sweep the nation. And if you’re thinking, “Never!”, remember that Never Is the Next New Thing™.

27 Responses to “Wimmins Wearing WendyB-Approved Fashions”

1. I almost want dental problems now, just so I can have my own initials in my mouth.

Ha! You can borrow some of my dental problems. I think my other upper molar will have to be done one of these days. I’ll have to think of a new design. Maybe a flower?

2. Samantha@Fashionbidtv.com
    Twitter: fashionbidtv

Wow, that’s fab. Love it! :-)

I’m having 2 crowns replaced at the moment, I was at the dentists for 2 hours yesterday having my root canal work done again! Sadly they have changed mine from gold to porcelain so I can’t do this! :-(

3. Mary says:

That tooth is so rock and roll! I love ENC’s look and in particular I like the look of her boots. Any ideas where she sourced them?

4. Pam @over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

I turned down the opportunity to have gold crowns and went porcelein…you just gave me a reason to hate that decision!! I like the sweater with a mullet..though I do not think it would look good on a lady like me who is currently well endowed in the rear!!

5. GRIT & GLAMOUR
    Twitter: gritandglamour

An engraved gold crown. Only you, Wendy. Well, you and Lizzie. Love it.

6. Elizabeth says:

I am so ready for the gold crown, I am DOING that when I get my next one.

Thanks for putting me up here! :) I’m honored!

7. Maja Piraja says:

Not only is that seriously cool, but it would also make identification so much easier if shit was to go down (as the cool kids say). Sorry, I watch too much C.S.I.

8. Katie says:

Having substantial boobs means that practically every shirt becomes a mullet shirt on me, intentional or not.

And how horrible is it that the first thing I thought upon reading about engraved gold crowns was, “It’ll make it even easier to identify the body!”

9. Liz says:

I def. missed that post..you engraved your… tooth? hilariously amazing

10. Susan Tiner says:

I should have known you’d initial your own crown — a jeweler through and through!

11. ENC looks fit and beautiful, comme toujours. And those teeth? Wow. Love that the jewelry maker insired by queenz has her own engraved gold crown.

12. Eli says:

Hmmm maybe WB can go into the business of designer gold teeth now?!

ps. do you feel a difference when eating with the gold vs a regular too or filling? Some of my fillings hurt when I eat something cold. But I guess if you’ve had a root canal, you don’t feel much.

I’m giggling over the initials. That’s pretty awesome. DH is currently getting dental work done, but I don’t think he’ll be getting any crowns. I would do something like that in a heartbeat. Only I have pretty decent teeth. Accessorized to the teeth! Literally!

Also I have a hi-low top! I didn’t even think about it when you put your call out. You can see it best in this post.

14. brett says:

i am so cracking up at the monogrammed crown
    i had one replaced last year, if i had only known!!
    brett

15. kavery says:

Ha- my word is ‘catwoman’. I do love the words I get in your word verification. Usually they don’t make sense.
    I think dentists should allow us any design in gold fillings. For all that pain there should be an upside.
    Now ‘catwoman’ says goodbye and meow till next time.

16. jentine says:

And suddenly I want a crown? Ok, maybe not but you’re a funny one. Of course you got your initials engraved in your dental work.

17. Designer gold fillings? God!

I wore a fishtail dress recently (have not been around the blogosphere for some time)– let me know if you want any photos ;)

18. The Preppy Princess
    Twitter: PreppyPrincess

Doing that is simply amazing, I love it. And ‘Never is the Next Big Thing’ is brilliant Miss Wendy! Should I say that “I will *never* wear your LOLZ rings”? Because as much as this might surprise you, I think it would be cool to wear them. :)

19. Terri says:

Hm–I’ll have another cap scheduled for January. May have to ask my dentist about this.

20. Rebecca says:

Just stumbled upon a mullet dress online:

I would totally wear it!

Love the Helmut sweater, but seriuosly, Elizabeth can wear anything w/ that bod!!

Oh, your tooth still cracks me up. You are too cool.