Thursday, June 17, 2010

The theme song from the 1964 James Bond movie Goldfinger is stuck in my head because I recently saw the Frasier episode in which the Cranes sing the song.

Gold body parts are on my mind for another reason. This spring I cracked a molar, which required a root canal and a crown. Because the affected tooth is the last one on my upper jaw and can’t be seen when I talk or smile, my dentist recommended a gold crown instead of a porcelain one. He was worried that I wouldn’t want a gold tooth. I think he got more worried when I asked if I could have it engraved. What?! I can’t have gold that’s not stylish!

My initials on my new gold tooth.

When Lil’ Wayne gets out of jail, he and I are totes going to hang out and talk about our grills.

Lil' Wayne photo from BET.com.

54 Responses to “Play “Goldmolar!””

1. Cameron says:

1) My anti-spam word is what I’m going to do after this comment. :)

2) Is that really the crown that’s going in your mouth? Will your initials be seen when you smile?

I, too, had a root canal, though it was because I had a nerve die under one of my teeth that had a receding gum line already… bleh. I went for a porcelain crown installed as it’s more upfront than where yours is.

That said, can’t wait to see yours soonish!

2. Keiko Lynn says:

That is amazing!

That was such a funny Fraiser episode. So… when does the tooth go in? I think it’s so awesome that you are going to actually have a freakin’ gold tooth. Take that Madonna! Oh yeah, and another bonus — there will be no mistaking who you are when you kick the bucket!

4. firefly says:

Wow. That is cool. All the better to bite them with.

Once, I had a dentist say I had a cavity (I didn’t really), but instead just replaced an old, nasty metal-looking filling. Though because the shade of the filling was different than my teeth, the new (I think porcelain) filling was still noticeable.

5. jennine says:

you can be madame goldtooth!
    i don’t know who she is, so the title must be up for grabs.

i think it’s fantastic you have an engraved tooth!

6. Oh, WB…so sorry about upcoming dental work, but I totally love the idea of an engraved tooth or at least the look on the dentist’s face.

Grillz. Oh my…so much fun.

Thanks for the Frasier. Love that show.

7. For about a year and a half I’ve been wanting a gold molar pendant. Now you’ve got one in your mouth. Both delicate and crunk!

8. lol, wendy! that’s awesome! is ur dentist really going to put an engraved crown in?? i almost got one last year after my root canal, but my dentist decided to go with the porcelain instead haha

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

9. Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl
    Twitter: juliaohso

Hahah, cool gold tooth, Wendy!!! All food you consume is now goign to be stamped with a WendyB approval sign!! :)

P.S. This is sooo sweet that your new umbrella made you think of me because you’re thankful for it!! Always good to know peple think of me in a thankful manner :)

10. Ms. Smart says:

hahaha. I love you even more now. shine on girlene.

11. Make Do Style
    Twitter: MakeDoStyle

That is #’*@ing A

12. Chic 'n Cheap Living
    Twitter: Cncliving

That is insanely awesome. Shoot if it was made out of a hard gemstone, that would be even crazier(ooh sapphire or diamond sharp tooth!)

13. Fucking amazing. Haha, man oh man, Lil Wayne.

14. pretty says:

I’m glad to see your blog’s recovered! What happened to it yesterday? This is what I tried to comment:

Either I am horribly self-centred and everything I read seems to apply to myself, or you were thinking of my being insulted when wearing harem pants? Either way, I think trousers Stacey is holding up are AWESOME.

The post in question: http://prettyfaceshelpinraces......olicy.html

Nope, it was more recent and definitely knickers. Though if anyone criticizes your harem pants, I’m happy to yell at him/her on your behalf.

15. Couture Carrie
    Twitter: couturecarrie

Holla for the grill!

xoxox,
    CC

16. Rosie says:

That is soooo cool! I bet it will be the next big trend.

17. OMG…that is hysterical and utterly brilliant. Isn’t it fun knowing you have a monogrammed crown?! Love it.

♥ V

18. deja pseu
    Twitter: dejapseu

LOL, you are One. Of. A. Kind.

And that would make a great pendant.

19. birdie says:

Man, now when you spit out your gum on the street, like a classy dame you’re totally going to get picked up for littering!

Annie’s “Delicate yet crunk” comment gave me the giggles.

20. Maddy
    Twitter: maddytweetz

LMAO!! You’re hilarious :) I think you’re on to something here with the engraved initials….

21. Sheila says:

That would definitely make an unusual necklace! I love that you actually went and did that – you are so cool, Wendy.

22. Tina says:

Wow. That’s fancy. I didn’t think that dentists still worked with gold. Is he charging you market value? I can just see the argument with your insurance company now…

23. HelOnWheels
    Twitter: HelOnWheels

That’s fantastic!! I’ve had two gold crowns on my rear molars for over a decade but never thought to get them engraved. Yours is beyond fantastic with the engraving!! Way to represent, WB!!

I sure hope you don’t ever need another but if you do, let me know and I’ll fancy it up for you.

24. nookie says:

hahaha, cool dear!
    I would engrave it too:)

25. hiyaluv says:

you are one of a kind Wendy B. I just adore you so…
    smiles,
    gina

26. Moni says:

Hey Wendy, random question — what comment widget do you use? That is, how do you get that reply button after each comment? I’m trying to fix my comments so that people can reply directly to a comment, but I don’t know anything about coding (yet) and I am way too poor to pay someone to do it for me.

27. OMG you are my hero! You and Lil’ Wayne, of course (minus the guns).

28. Bazaar Girl says:

Lol I had to get a temporary silver crown. Gold is so much cooler :)

29. Miss Janey says:

Muy stylish, as one has come to expect of Miss Wendy. Miss J has TWO of those bitches and their not nearly as cool.

30. Natalie / Fashion Intel
    Twitter: fashionintel

Can you hit me up when you hang with Weezy? I want to have his baby. Thank you!

31. Engraved gold in your tooth…haha i love it!SarahD

32. Jennifer says:

I guess all the pain was worth it then. You have a million dollar smile rings true. Love this! You’re fabulous!

33. drollgirl says:

i hope you DID get it engraved! BAH!

Dude, I did! That is my own real engraved crown. I think I”m scheduled to get it put in next week.

34. KD says:

That is “legit” awesome.

35. K-Line says:

You are so bad ass! I love it.

36. This is funny. Can’t wait to see what you’ve done.

37. Alice Olive says:

You are the best! I so love your new tooth! I’d prefer white gold and dammit, I’m going to ask the next time I’m stressed and another filling/crown decides to exit the building.

38. MarchMusings says:

That is such a great idea-your initials on a gold tooth. I’d have loved to see your dentist’s face when he heard that request!!

39. Obviously the only gold teeth worth having are engraved…I can’t believe denists don’t realize this shizz!

40. LOL gold initialized tooth?! that’s baller hahaha. I’d do it :D

41. Mish Dish says:

This is awesome.

42. Kirafashion says:

gold tooth? hahhaha
    I am so with you, not cool at all!

43. marian says:

oh my gosh love that you have an engraved gold tooth! now that is what I call gangster! Love!
    xoxo
    marian.

44. enc says:

Mind what neighborhoods you hang out in, your mouths are worth a double mugging!

45. tiffany
    Twitter: tiffanyiamstyle-ish.com

when I saw the picture, I totally thought it was a new piece of jewelry you were creating! I can’t believe that it’s actually going in your mouth, I love it!!

46. [...] Of course, there are joys to having a jewelry business. I love it when customers tell me that the earrings they bought from me online are even better than they expected; that their new necklace is their favorite jewelry ever; or that they can’t take their eyes off their custom-made engagement ring. Redesigning old jewelry is especially rewarding. It’s fun to convert an unworn cocktail ring into three streamlined stacking rings or give a lone stud earring new life as a pendant. My job even helped me make the most of my root canal: I engraved my gold crown with my initials. [...]

47. Awesome! Everyone should carry around a little pen light so they can look in your mouth :).