Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whenever I photograph a purse, I try to get one of the dogs to pose with it.

Henry the dog was bored by this lace-print Prada bag in 2008.

Gigi the dog lurked near a Louis Vuitton in 2005.

The Prada bag that MrB surprised me with for my birthday/holiday gift last month is so big …

MrB picked this out all by himself.

… that it required the presence of both dogs!

It was tough to wrangle the two of them into the picture.

I was impressed that MrB was brave enough to manage another solo handbag-shopping trip. After he surprised me with a bag in 2010, he exclaimed, “There were so many options! How does anyone ever decide?” This time was easier, though, because he knows he can’t go wrong with leopard print.

The two-dog photo reminds me of the band Three Dog Night. The band’s name comes from reports of an indigenous Australian custom of sleeping with a dog on cold nights. Colder nights required two dogs. The coldest nights were “three dog nights.”  I love Three Dog Night’s cover of Harry Nilsson’s song “One” just as much now as I did when I was a kid. I’m a fan of their style too. Shiny shirts, long hair and mustaches are like leopard print — you can’t go wrong!

39 Responses to “Spotted: My Birthday/Holiday Gift From MrB”

1. Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl
    Twitter: juliaohso

Omg, Wendy!!! Gorgeous new bag!!! I hope MrB gets to read the comments (I’m sure I’m not going to be the one praising him here), because he totally needs to know what great job he’s done with choosing it!! So impressed! And so looking forward to seeing this bag and YOU in one pictures (dogs are optional)!

2. Ann says:

Nicely played Mr. B !

Look forward to seeing this bag in person in this New Year!

XO

3. Jennifer says:

Your new bag is fabulous. Good job MrB! Many happy, happy birthdays to you my friend. xo!

4. Candice says:

Love the leopard, and kudos to Mr.B for his fine selection.
    I think it’s time we took our twin Prada’s out to lunch again.

I LOOOOVE that bag! Great job MrB! He has great taste (that’s why he married you!). Gigi and Henry next to that bag is too hilarious. And on a separate note — the two of them are much more attractive than Three Dog Night!

6. Aggie says:

Wow that leopard Prada is beautiful!

Also, is it ironic that my anti-spam word for this is ‘italy’?

Cheers,
    Aggie
    @OnceOverLightly

7. mystyle says:

Mr B has impeccable taste, its a lovely bag and obviously Gigi and Henry think so too! xx

8. Carly says:

Love the bag…who wouldn’t?

Mostly I love that you got your doggies to sit still near it for a photo…I have two miniature dachsund’s and they would NEVER EVER sit still to take a photo…truly a kodak moment.

Always love cruising your new collections on the website…loving the silver bowtie ring…Valentines day maybe???

C

9. erindyan says:

SWOON. I mean really. I’m looking for a leopard bag myself, and that one is stellar!

10. Toni says:

I’m not surprised he chose that gorgeous bag all by himself- it’s pretty obvious to me that the man has excellent taste. : )

11. liz says:

the bag is great, i am leopard obsessed. My Anti-spam word was…PUPPIES lol

12. cupcake says:

Beautiful purse! The dogs are clearly jealous.
    Cupcake

13. Amanda says:

Good job Mr.B. Fab bag!

14. Sally
    Twitter: sallymcgraw

That photo is priceless. And I’m not at all surprised that you’re one of the few who knows the origin of the phrase “three dog night.” Their cover of “Mama Told Me Not to Come” is a fave of mine.

15. miss sophie says:

that leopard bag is amazing! you need to frame the pic with your two dogs :)

16. Dude, Mr. B. has you sussed! Not many wives would allow their husbands to buy them a purse they hadn’t specifically asked for because they’d get something that would look perfect on the shoulder of a) a hooker or b) a homeless woman. Mr. B. however, knows his stuff. Can he be MY personal shopper? Of course, he’d have to pay for the stuff too but in an ideal world… :)

Your word veri told me to shut up! The nerve. (it has a point)

17. jentine says:

Please pass my virtual high five to Mr. B. for a freaking fantastic present.

18. deja pseu
    Twitter: dejapseu

EEEE!!! Better not get near me with that bag or I might steal it right out of your hands. I COVET!!!!! Mr. B has excellent taste, as do you.

19. Thom says:

Mr. B is a true gentleman. When I grow up I want to be Mr. B. This is not a joke.

20. Mr B is going to get a big head. I hesitate to add to it, but the boy done good.

21. Make Do Style
    Twitter: MakeDoStyle

For once Henry can’t outsmart/shine the bag! Did you say come to Mummy when you saw it…

22. Miss Janey says:

Great bag and song!

23. Lenya Jones says:

How fabulous. And Mr B is so good to be able to surprise you. Lucky girl.

24. Mary says:

Love the bag, clever Mr B! I can believe he chose it unsolicited. BTW I am Australian and I have never before heard of that saying regrading 3 dogs. Also fan of that song and your cute pups.

25. Nice bag! You are a very lucky lady and Mr. B. is a great husband!

26. Eli says:

what a nice present! I got earrings for christmas and in my move lost one of them…no more presents that can get lost for me, I’m pretty bummed about it

27. Tiffany says:

Love that leopard bag!

XOXO,

28. Lynn says:

Well done, MrB! Gorgeous bag there. Good for you, Wendy!

29. Tina says:

Love the bag. Does that make MrB 3 for 3 in the bag dept? Well done! You should bring the latest out for C&D so that I can inspect it in person!

30. Rubiatonta says:

Lovely bag! For a moment I thought your doggies were going to pose *inside* it. But they’re clearly too well-brought up for that.

When we were kids we used to listen to Three Dog Night all the time — on an 8-track! Thanks for the flashback…

31. So sweet of your hubby! Your bags are gorgeous. :D And omg, you have *two* Pekes? I think I’ve only seen Gigi. I have a Peke too though I’d love to have one more. :) How old are your babies?

32. Melissa
    Twitter: jeweldosedaily

AHHHHHH!!! freaking out over that bag. Perfect bday gift!!! Mr. B. Rocks. : )

33. Chrixtine says:

MrB has excellent taste. Perhaps he can take MrM shopping next year.

And as a Canadian I have to say that we were brought up to believe “three dog night” was an Inuit saying. How can those skinny hairless dingoes keep anyone warm? Our muscular hairy huskies are big hot water bottles!

But Gigi and Henry are the cutest!

34. tiffany
    Twitter: tiffanyiamstyle-ish.com

eeek! your bags and your dogs! love them. I’m impressed with MrB, he picks out some fantastic bags for you!

35. Mariel
    Twitter: MarielsCastle

Mr.B is awsome that is one cute bag and Happy B-day to you, may you be as fabulous for many years to come!

xx
    MarielsCastle

36. Alya says:

Your new bag is GORGEOUS! I am on the lookout for a pair of leopard heels and leopard bag. Your Prada is perfect. Can you tell me which season/model it is please? I want to get it!

37. Gorgeous bag! And Mr B and Henry are adorable! xx

38. Elizabeth says:

I never knew the true meaning of “Three Dog Night.” I feel edumicated now!

MrB has superb taste in bags. And he has superb taste in wives (and dogs)!

But now, I want to see just how huge the bag is in relationship to the diminutive Miss WendyB. You simply MUST pose with it. Dog optional.