Monday, April 8, 2013

Guess what? I’m in South Africa. Here’s what I wore to a dinner in Johannesburg on Saturday night.

africa1What Wendy Wore
Dress: James Perse (late ’90s)
Shoes: Prada (2012)
Jewelry: All my own designs

Animal prints are very hot here.  I saw a lot of them after we left Joburg to go on safari. First, I met two cheetahs who were dining on an impala. Shortly after I took this photo, I noticed that one cheetah had to lie down with a big distended belly like a human after Thanksgiving.

africa2.

Two cheetahs having an impala dinner.

After that, I saw a lazy-ass leopard cub snoozing in a tree.

africa3

Sooooo tired.

Our guide explained that he was waiting for his mother to bring back something to eat. I’ve been thinking of Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers ever since.

16 Responses to “What Wendy Wore: Leopard-Print Booties in Leopard Country”

1. Glad to see you’ve dressed for the occasion!

2. Kat says:

South Africa could inspire me to create jewelry!

Funny, I already have had a very South African-appropriate piece in the works for a while. I was hoping it would be done so that I could wear it here, but good things can’t be rushed.

3. AK says:

I hope you know how lucky you are to have seen a leopard! I went on safari in Botswana a few years ago and we were told they are very, very difficult to spot (ha, ha) in the wild. We got lucky seeing lions several times over the course of several days, but no luck with the leopards.

I know! We were amazed. We didn’t find any on the next three game drives. Saw some tracks but no leopard to be seen.

4. Sarah says:

Hilarious Will Ferrel reference. I guess the moral is, kitties are lazy, regardless of their size. Very cute, chic outfit, too!

One thing I noticed about the big kittehs is that they didn’t seem to do as much stretching, yawning, grooming, posing and all the other things house kittehs do all day while they’re supposedly snoozing. Could the house kittehs be doing it for the attention? Just pretending they don’t care about humans but really wanting to put on a show?

Awwww that leopard picture is too perfect. Reminds me quite a lot of my rotten miniature cats. ;P

Your leopard booties are wicked cool.

I cannot believe those pictures!! Amazing.
    And the animal booties… werk it girl!

7. SarahMac says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Africa! And how fashion forward are those animals!!!!! Your booties fit in beautifully. Safari chic. Also, Will Ferrel – bahaha!

8. Great shots Wendy! Wouldn’t it be great if we all had a Mom who would let us snooze in a tree while she works on bringing home some bacon or impala?