This was a strange and horrible week. It’s good to see Boston back in business. If you’d like to donate some money to help the victims of the marathon bombing, here are two lists (with some overlap):
Here’s what was on the blog this week:
- Monday: My safari adventures and, from later in the day, wise words about terrible news.
- Tuesday: My photos of African penguins.
- Wednesday: People are writing about my emoji earrings.
- Thursday: Skylar Grey’s new song and Whoopi Goldberg’s IDGAF attitude.
- Saturday: Nail Ninja Tracylee Percival is the Customer of the Day.
I was planning to remove a number of jewelry designs from my sale page today, but because of the turmoil this week, I wasn’t promoting that very much, so I’ll extend the sale one more week. If you want to get my silver fleur-de-lis necklace for $50, make your purchase now, because the price will go back up to $200. Another really good deal is my silver-and-blue-topaz Fulvia ring, which is $495 for one more week. After that, it will be back to $1,000.
I only made two Fulvia rings in blue topaz, and one is sold. I won’t be making any more, so this is your last chance to get this style.
And here’s a picture I took of a hippo doing hippo things in the water, because … why not?