Thursday, April 25, 2013

Now that we’ve all gotten used to side-boob, it’s time for side-ass. Fashionista.com says that all eyes were on Gwyneth Paltrow’s hips last night, thanks to her Antonio Berardi gown with sheer panels.

Click to see the Gwyneth Paltrow pictures.

I’m happy to say that I can shop my closet for this trend. I’ve got a pair of Versace pants with sheer side panels; I think they’re from 2005. Here I am wearing them in 2008.

jan 10 2008 3

Click for original post.

The fact that fashion repeats itself makes me happy, because it breathes new life into my old clothes. The fact that 2008 seems like yesterday to me is freaking me out though!

UPDATED TO ADD: Here’s singer Toni Braxton doing side-everything at the Grammys in 2001.

15 Responses to “Fashion Repeats Itself: Side-Ass Style”

1. elena daciuk says:

fabulous pants! love when old becomes new…

Ooh lala, Wendy. Those are some sexy pants.

3. winnie says:

You look fantastic and I also think you never ever freaking age Wendy. What is your secret?!

Thanks for saying that because I was just looking at that pic from 2008 and feeling like “OMG,I look so different!” <3

Oooh! I’m so glad you pulled those out to wear.
    And I didn’t know they were Berardi — love!

5. drop it like it’s hot, you look amazing! and I agree with winnie, you never age. Damn.

6. Eli says:

Truth be told, I love your pants significantly more than her dress!

7. Christine says:

You wear side ass so much better than Gwyneth. I still have my irrational hatred of GOOPy, mostly due to the fact she beat Cate Blanchett for the Oscar back in the day, and I thought she looked ridiculous. Even more ridiculous was her discussion of how she needed “grooming” before wearing the dress. I mean, seriously, her “70s vibe” down there surely could not extend to where the sheer panels started?

And when do I get to be customer of the day? I promise not to show sideass.