Saturday, February 2, 2013

My gorgeous friend Alyssa, who is an excellent cook, invited a bunch of us wimmins over for a fabulous dinner at her apartment last night.  Of course, I asked designer/blogger/stylist Stacy Lomman what I should wear. I let her make all my outfit decisions lately, even for casual occasions. I prefer her taste to my own! She instructed me to wear her faux-ostrich-feather chubby jacket. It’s the shorter, plumper sibling of the floor-length, faux-ostrich-feather vest that I wore to the Fashion Group International Rising Star Awards last week. I had my eye on this jacket ever since Stacy showed it in February 2012. She picked out the rest of the outfit too.

fuzzyjacketWhat Wendy Wore to Dinner
Jacket: Stacy Lomman Fall 2012 collection (acquired 2013)
Top:Pillow sweater” by Dsquared (2012)
Jeans: Acne (2007)
Boots: Céline (2012)
Jewelry: All my own designs, including the new “Screw You” studs in gold

Here’s a view of the boots’ heel. I feel very Mod in these.

boots

Everyone at dinner enjoyed petting the jacket. Alyssa has called dibs on the almost-finished one that Stacy has on her dress form, but I believe there’s a some fabric left, so if you want your own custom faux-ostrich piece, get in touch with Stacy ASAP through her website. The jacket is nice and warm; the sweater I wore under it is short-sleeved, and I felt fine even though it was in the low 20s outside.

Over dinner, Alyssa regaled us with some old online dating stories, including one about a guy who greeted her with, “You’re really beautiful.  Do you drive a stick shift?” What an odd thing to say! Stacy declared that the only appropriate answer would have been another non sequitur: “No, but I like oranges.” I think that’s an excellent response. I may use it to answer random questions that have nothing to do with citrus fruit. I don’t want to waste a perfectly good non sequitur. If anyone actually asks me about citrus, however, I will not tell a lie: I prefer grapefruit.

UPDATED TO ADD: I linked this outfit to Not Dead Yet Style’s Visible Monday post. Click the link to see what other bloggers are wearing to stand out!

40 Responses to “What Wendy Wore: Exactly What She Was Told To Wear”

1. Kate Battrick
    Twitter: MakeDoStyle

That citrus answer is going to run & run I already can’t wait to use it!! Love the look and Stacy’s jacket is divine. White boots am going to have to get me some white shoes in a few styles they are so uplifting & modish xx

2. Cameron
    Twitter: CameronMiquelon

Maybe that guy had a car with a manual transmission, and was hoping Alyssa could drive a stick in the event he couldn’t? Of course, it would be a pain to drive one in New York I bet; he must be a masochist.

3. Pearl Westwood
    Twitter: pearlwestwood

In my family we answer ‘Shut up and eat your pinecone’ to most things, no idea why!

4. Vix says:

What an incredible outfit, I want that jacket! x

You look so chic and richy rich in this outfit.
    Even WITH jeans!

6. I love weird boyfriend stories :). You look adorable in that jacket and I’m sorry I missed out on petting it.

7. That does look like a very pettable jacket :)

“Nope. Cannot drive a stick shift.” Parry with, “You don’t live in your mom’s basement, do you?”

That’s certainly a jacket that you won’t run into anyone else wearing! And omg those boots.

I need somebody to come pick out my clothes.

I’m a clementine fan myself.

9. K-Line says:

Lord that outfit is fantastic! I LOVE the ostrich!

10. sulky kitten says:

That jacket has to be one of the best things you’ve ever worn. I love it.

11. Elizabeth says:

This is a great look for you!

12. Veshoevius
    Twitter: taxnomywardrobe

I LOVE that jacket! And fab boots!

13. Marla says:

Fabulous coat and jeans, and those boots are awesome!

14. That is some serious ostrich featherin’ going on. Love it! And I about just about to die over those boots!! Yum.

15. Jean says:

It’s always nice to have friends with taste, especially if they let you wear their clothes. You look amazing.

Stacy just rummaged through my closet, put together a new casual outfit for me and authorized the permanent removal of a pair of ugly jeans!

16. I missed the whole online dating thing! Too old – I did my “stranger dating” via actual newspapers. Wow, I’ll blog about that one day. You look divine, your new jacket is wow! Thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday.

17. Oh Wendy, you look absolutely stunning in this outfit. Stacy is one talented stylist who has a stunning beauty like you to style.

18. Val Sparkle says:

That jacket is like a feather froth, and it looks perfect with jeans! The boots, omg, the heel – they look so cool.

I can drive a stick shift. I think he was being provocative when he asked, if you get my drift. Cheeky.

19. Pam@over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

Tell you friend that the jacket is amazing…I am so in love with it…the first garment I have had this type of personal reaction to in a long, long time…and you styled and modeled it so well. It is incredible!

20. Your friend did a great job! I LOVE the coat and those shoes are amazing!!!! Sounds like a fun evening (and a great friend!!!).

I don’t want to get dressed without her anymore, I’m serious! She just picked out a new jeans-based outfit for me, which I will debut soon.

21. Tracy says:

Your boots remind me of Sid’s from Hey Arnold. That’s a compliment because I like a little childhood nostalgia in clothing.