Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Many designers have done slashed necklines, but I was struck by the fact that I spotted the 1980s Geoffrey Beene online mere seconds after I saw the Spring 2013 Versace.

1980s Geoffrey Beene dress on 1stdibs.com. Click to purchase.

Spring 2013 Versace. Courtesy style.com. Click for source.

Business-y slashed neckline versus boudoir slashed neckline … which do you prefer?

9 Responses to “Great Minds Think Alike … About Cutouts”

1. sulky kitten says:

Hmmmm, with my boobs, I better opt for the Geoffrey Beene because it has more structure. In the other outfit, I’d be getting a different kind of client.

2. Beene is absolutely seductive .. after all these years.

Versace .. was (in my opinion) only about Gianni. Nothing can compare.

Geoffrey. He was a master at using the triangle in all kinds of wonderful and unexpected ways. He influenced me quite a bit.

4. Anna says:

I love cut-outs. Somewthing new for me was ‘elbow cut-out’ on longsleeve… But it’s all interesting ;)

I like the first one. With a pair of over the knee spike Louboutin boots and a wicked belt for a dominatrix look. Yowza! A girl can dream.

6. Jean says:

I LOVE cut-outs!! Donna Karan is the queen, as far as I’m concerned. The cold shoulder? That’s my favorite. My shoulders still look pretty good after all these years. So do the top of my feet. Maybe I’ll design some cut-out socks or tights. Any jewelry ideas? BTW, you have the BEST word recognition/anti spam. It’s legible. Fancy that.

7. liz says:

The boots, I like the boots! The neckline’s not doing it for me, but loving the boots!

8. Tricia says:

BEENE always and forever!