Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The high/low hemline — aka mullet — is still on trend for fall. This fall-preview Michael Kors dress at Bergdorf Goodman is a beauty.

Michael Kors dress. $4,295 at Bergdorf Goodman. Click to shop.

I adore this look, especially when it comes in the form of a ballgown by my designing friend Zang Toi.

Showing off my Zang Toi gown earlier this year. Click for original post.

For less formal mullet inspiration, check out my Huffington Post fashion blogger slideshow. Holy crap! I can’t believe I wrote that nearly a year ago. Time flies!

UPDATED TO ADD: Here’s singer Florence Welch in a Julien MacDonald mullet gown. Stunning!

12 Responses to “Mullet Dresses Are Going Strong”

1. Melanie says:

That is one spectacular ballgown! I hope you won an award that night…

2. sulky kitten says:

I love that Michael Kors dress, but your Zang Toi confection is really beautiful, and very you. Those shoes are perfect with it.

Shoes were by Tom Ford and I couldn’t believe I found such a match! I wasn’t even looking, I was just going to wear black shoes, but I saw those and went for it.

3. Pam@over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

Mullet dresses…that is hysterical! Is that your term? I have not seen it other places….but I LOL…I like this style alot! I think it is very flattering and chic and I am glad to see it stay around for fall!!

4. Marti says:

You look BEAUTIFUL, your dress grogeous!
    Marti

I’m kindof surprise mullets have stuck around this long. Maybe they’ll be the defining shape of the 201Xs? Your Zang Toi dress is just fantastic. I bet you spent the whole night pretending the skirt was a cape. (Cause that’s what I’d do).

6. brett says:

the dress you are wearing if fabulous
    the color is so rich and the cut if phenomenal
    brett

7. Ooooh that Michael Kors is the best mullet dress I’ve yet seen – lush!

8. Bonnie
    Twitter: GlamKitten88

I have always been a huge fan of this trend – even before it was actually in style. Since I have short legs, it works for me.