Monday, April 23, 2012

Last week, WWD took my breath away by putting this Oscar de la Renta bridal gown on its cover.

Photo from Hello magazine. Click for source.

Imagine the reaction you’d get walking down the aisle in that! Fabulous. I’d love to design a matching engagement ring or wedding band.

Follow Oscar de la Renta’s Twitter feed at @OscarPRGirl.

15 Responses to “Blue-Ribbon Bridal Gown”

1. Yes, breathtaking is the right word!

Now I want to get married again (to the same man of course!).

• WendyB says:

I feel the same way! If you go to the story at Hello’s website, there’s a gallery of other blue dresses — I’m not even sure this is my favorite one. They’re all stunning!

I like the color!

3. déjà pseu says:

That is the most gorgeous gown I’ve seen in quite a while. That blue is just breathtaking!!

4. Stunning – I think you need to get in touch with old Oscar de la Renta.

5. nathana says:

Breathtaking. Just sent this to Caroline. It would look gorgeous on her, take her mind off of vera wang — for sure..
    And it will match her nail polish.

I personally wore a blush pink gorgeous silk by Paula Varcelona, she used to be on Madison Avenue – is she still designing gowns ?? It was so simple.

6. Lara says:

love that women are wearing more color in their wedding dresses! That lace is incredible too!

7. Tanvi says:

Its beautiful!

8. I die! Must go to the gallery for more.

9. Andrea says:

such a gorgeous dress!

10. The most incredible wedding dress i can remember. Great designers (of all things) are to be treasured!

11. Silvergirl says:

i adore the bodice of this gown
    ps. enjoying all the fitzroy tweets

Beautiful! I still wish I had the sense of mind to get a pink wedding gown. I still sigh every time a bride on those TLC shows turns them down. Maybe one day I can have a fantasy renewal with a pink gown and Wendy B “engagement” ring.

13. Gorgeous dress! I like the details (especially on the dress & hem) and adore the blue colour.

14. miss b says:

That’s a stunning dress – so unusual and the blue flowers look perfect with it too. It looks as if the tulle skirt could be taken off in the evening too.