Saturday, January 28, 2012

As promised, here are a few more photos from the Fashion Group International Rising Star Awards. My guests for the awards lunch, which was at the midtown Cipriani, were my husband, MrB; my father, GeorgeB; and my gorgeous client Christine. Christine is the client who ordered a special tiger ring and, not long after receiving it, generously loaned it back to me so that I could enter it in the awards voting.

Click for my original post on this ring.

Of course, I didn’t need to invite my gorgeous friend Stacy Lomman because she was a finalist in the women’s ready-to-wear category and got her own invitation from FGI. Here are (from the left) Stacy, Christine, me and GeorgeB before the awards started.

Does the background person between Christine and me count as a photobomber?

We had a celebratory dinner at Blue Water Grill that night, and MrB showed off his Wendy Brandes cufflinks.

He's wearing the Medici poison cufflinks.

Stacy was still wearing my Empress Wu dragon ring; the lapis lazuli in it was a good match for her self-designed top.

Nose in the air!

While at the restaurant, we took some photos of the back of my Stacy Lomman-designed  dress. Unfortunately, none of model Tina J’s posing skills rubbed off on me during this week’s lookbook shoot, and I wasn’t content with any of the photos. (But Stacy will post them, so keep an eye on her blog.) I have another chance, though: I love the dress so much I’m wearing it to an event next weekend.

Today, I posed Gigi the dog with my award in the style of my “dogs with purses” photo.

The only reason she looks a little enthusiastic is because it was breakfast time and she was expecting her kibble!

19 Responses to “More Photos From the Rising Star Awards”

1. Elizabeth says:

Gigi the dog looks hungry enough to eat that award!

Congratulations again!

Everyone looks fabulous.

2. Lara says:

You have some precious pups, handsome men and gorgeous ladies in your life! Congrats again!

3. Congratulations! As if I didn’t already love my Fleur de Lis necklace enough, now its creator is even more famous and acclaimed than before!

Let’s just hope some money eventually accompanies the acclaim! :-D

One of the other finalists gave a funny little speech about having no money or training but winning a prize anyway. It’s mentioned in one of the stories I linked to yesterday.

4. sulky kitten says:

Nice to see some photos. I love that Tiger ring! I think the adorable Miss Gigi is saying “What the Hell’s this? – you PROMISED me an emerald studded tiara!!” If she needs a date for the prom I think my little pup might step up…she’s gorgeous!

5. This is very cool … you all look so happy.

Bravo. And the tiger ring is amazing.

6. Susan Tiner says:

You’ve got a couple of handsome men in your life.

Stacy looks great wearing the Empress Wu ring and you look fab in that dress.

That photo of Gigi is killing me! LOL
    Mr. B. looks great… and so proud.
    Thanks for the ring loan, I felt like a queen.
    I’m so happy you won, I think I was more nervous for you than I was for myself!

Awwwww Gigi! She’s perfectly posed. You really bring out the model in pets, Wendy. ;]

9. Eurasian says:

pup is adorable! Congratulations again :)

10. Terri says:

My belated congratulations on the award. As I’ve told you before, it’s the dragon ring I covet.

11. Alice Olive says:

Congratulations! Stacey’s dress looks stunning on you!

12. Wendy, congratulations. You really deserved this award. You look absolutley stunning in red. You just glow!

13. Katherine
    Twitter: katemmons

Congrats on all of this well-won recognition!

So, new product line — sweet Gigi needs a little custom-dog-tag-BLING — yes?