Sunday, November 27, 2011

I thought I was finished posting about Tuesday’s Committee to Protect Journalists dinner. After all, I already did three posts:

But I have to do one more because a photo of me chatting with the lovely Thelma Kandel wound up on Bill Cunningham‘s New York Times society page today.

Thelma and I are in the lower right. Click for full page.

Thanks, Bill!

Don’t forget to follow CPJ on Twitter at @pressfreedom. And if you haven’t seen the documentary on Bill Cunningham — Bill Cunningham New York — you should!

UPDATED TO ADD: My previous Bill Cunningham photos are here.

22 Responses to “Photo by Bill Cunningham of the New York Times”

1. Cameron
    Twitter: CameronMiquelon

I love that vintage dress you’re wearing! And of course, I’ve been following the CPJ on Twitter for a good while now. Looking forward to next year!

2. Oh how exciting! And you are the most fabulous looking person on that page x

3. mystyle says:

Hi my dear-wow, your gown is absolutely stunning and very worthy and prestigious for the CPJ dinner-so pleased you and Mr B had such a grand time xx

4. déjà pseu
    Twitter: dejapseu

You look smashing, and quite a bit more original than all of the red dresses. Did they send out a memo or something? ;-p

5. Ah, he must have smiled at you … fabulous dress.

6. As Bill would say, “Mah-velous!” You look stunning.

7. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

8. K-Line says:

Man, you are a veritable NYC social maven!

Well, we always knew Bill had good taste!
    And you are seriously the best looking in the group!

10. Reena Rai says:

Wow you look stunning!! You definitely stand out on a page of black and red. You go Mrs B! x

11. qin says:

so happy for you!

12. Lara says:

You look like you’re having such a fun glamorous time!

13. The Style Crone
    Twitter: judithstylecrone.com

No big surprise that Bill chose you! You are completely beautiful and vibrant.

14. Christine says:

Amazing! You are definitely the best dressed in the group!

I was wondering about all those red dresses….

15. Pam @over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

How cool is this!! Since I will never open the New York Times to see myself there…I can live vicariously through you….and you did look really fabulous in that dress!

16. Susan Tiner says:

What fun. Am I crazy or is there a similarity in the new dress verses the dress Bill took a photo of you wearing in 2006?

We did see the documentary and loved it.

I agree with Pseu that you stand out as the most glamorous in your dress.

17. Elizabeth says:

How nice to be on the society page!

18. Marian says: