Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I’m not a huge hat person, but I do like berets (and hats with Elizabeth Taylor on them). I’ve worn a fuzzy white beret for at least four years.

Click for 2007 post.

I’m very tempted to upgrade to one of the leopard-spotted Eugenia Kim berets that I saw on Red Carpet Fashion Awards.

If I decide to go for it, which color should I get? Or is a beret worn on the head too run-of-the-mill? I could indulge my addiction for Jean-Charles de Castelbajac and get a vintage all-beret jacket instead.

Click to shop on 1stdibs.com.

I wonder how that would look with a matching red head-beret?

29 Responses to “A Tip of My Hats to You”

1. Tanvi
    Twitter: tanvii

You do look good in them! :)

2. Cameron
    Twitter: CameronMiquelon

I would pick the white beret. Show off the spots the best. And it would go well with the beret jacket, too!

3. Piper says:

I LOVE the beret jacket but if you choose the brown beret I believe it will look fabulous with red lipstick!

4. Emma Lilly says:

Love the Jacket, it’s genius. You would rock any of those hats. But I’m partial to the tan one.

5. I adore the white one….but I bet youd look great in any of them:)
    LOVE the coat too!!

6. Mary says:

I was admiring those berets too. I love the dark grey and the brown ones best. I find hats really challenging given my frizz-waz hair, however I am now trying to embrace wide brimmed hats given the harsh Australian sun. It’s so freaking aging.

7. Pam @over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

I would pick the white one as well…I love this total look…the dress is great!!

8. Franca
    Twitter: apple_franca

I like the lighte grey one best!

9. Lara says:

Hats really suit you! I love the leopard and would’ve never guessed that jacket was made of berets if they didn’t have the little nips in their centers! Ha!

I’m not big into hats either but this weekend, I went to this vintage boutique and they had new hats for sale and I can’t stop thinking of this one. It’s a felt floppy brimmed J-lo hat but not so large in diameter. The bf loved it on me. I’m getting my hair chopped tomorrow and I may have to treat my new do with a fancy hat!

GET IT! I love hats like that. I have a white hat that I call “Yoko” because it makes me think of Yoko Ono’s wedding outfit.

10. Christine says:

I’d go for the white beret to contrast with your dark hair..but I love that beret jacket!

11. The Style Crone
    Twitter: judithstylecrone.com

Cannot believe that you found an all-beret jacket! I think a red head-beret would look great and make people smile, as the jacket did when it came into my view. You look great in the white beret. Can’t tell which Eugenia Kim would be best for you; I always have to try them on.

12. déjà pseu
    Twitter: dejapseu

You look great in a beret, Wendy, but I can SO see you in that jacket!!

13. Susan Tiner says:

A red beret jacket! I would wear that with pride. Your white beret is adorable, and I would pick the brown Eugenia Kim.

14. GRIT & GLAMOUR
    Twitter: gritandglamour

You look great in that beret! I love them too. I just can’t seem to find one that doesn’t make my forehead itch like crazy!

15. Jac
    Twitter: drtyshinyprtty

My mom loves wearing beret as well. Outside of wearing a beanie skiing it’s the only hat she wears. I’d pick the dark gray Eugenia Kim. The beret jacket made me smile then I felt like I was staring at several pairs of very cold boobies.

16. Tricia says:

Love this look on you, it’s one of my favorites! I’d do the dark grey, you’ve already got the cream.
    And I meant to comment on your Gary Gilmore post yesterday but it instead inspired poodling of Capote and Mailer and sent me off to internets lala land.

I think hats look great on you. I’m still trying to learn to wear them. I like the second spotted beret.. the jacket is Over-The-Top amazing.

18. i am obsessed with the dark gray hat….but they’re all gorgeous!

19. Kristin
    Twitter: BonBonRoseGirls

I would go for the grey leopard…LOVE it!

You know I love a beret!!

21. Eli says:

Must go find my red beret stat! I never understood if you’re supposed to wear the beret with the edge facing inside of if you’re supposed to open it up, are there beret instructions somewhere?

22. brett says:

that coat is cracking me up
    you look great in the beret!
    i am not a hat person, but secretly wish i were!
    brett

23. love the berets and hope you got the JCdeCastelbajac … great forever piece

24. Kezzie says:

Hello Wendy! Thanks for visiting my blog! You look great in this beret! I love berets and I used to have one like this but it got a little dirty over the year so I have no idea where it is now! You have some really interesting blog posts here!