Monday, September 26, 2011

Gorgeous blogger Vyque of Fasshonaburu got married in Virginia on September 17 and I was there! Vyque and the new Mr. Vyque (aka Curtis) were on cloud nine … and a livestream. They’re modern that way!

The beaming bride.

Vyque designed her ombre violet gown herself and had it made by local wedding-gown expert Angie Cavallaro.

Stunning!

It reminded me of Gwen Stefani’s wedding gown by John Galliano, but I prefer Vyque’s color and streamlined silhouette.

Gwen Stefani wedding photo via Access-Fashion.com. Click for source.

I appreciated the way the wedding cake matched the dress.

Fabulush New York blogger Midtown Girl was also in attendance. She and I diligently tweeted the wedding. So did Vyque, judging from this photo.

Maybe she's just playing Angry Birds.

I wore a strapless pinkish-lavender Zang Toi dress that has become my official cool-weather wedding-guest dress. I was happy that I matched Vyque’s color scheme, just like the cake.

From left: Midtown Girl, Vyque, Mr. Vyque, WendyB.

I enjoy wedding ceremonies that are conducted by friends of the couple. It’s easy to get ordained online. One of my stepdaughters — I have three — had her ceremony conducted by a magician friend. I guess magicians are good at these things because Vyque’s ordained friend was a magician … not to mention her ex-boyfriend from college! How civilized! His remarks included references to Clint Eastwood and Bill and Ted (“Be excellent to each other.”). Her sister’s toast later included a quote from Mal Reynolds, a character from the sci-fi television series Firefly. Love it! The bride and groom wrote their own vows. You can read those here.

While many states accept Interweb-ordained ministers as the real deal, Virginia isn’t very sporting about it, so Mr. and Mrs. Vyque had a secret ceremony before the big fiesta. Click here to see what Vyque wore for that occasion.

Congrats to Vyque and Curtis!

18 Responses to “What the Fasshonaburu Bride Wore: Her Own Design”

1. Cameron
    Twitter: CameronMiquelon

Ohhhh lol my anti-spam word probably would’ve been played at their reception, as they’re “no strangers to love.” ;)

I actually have family on my mother’s side in Virginia, as well as an automotive blogger contact in Charlottesville and an online non-fashion friend in Petersburg! And yes, Virginia can be a bit of a downer; why do you think West Virginia and Kentucky bailed when they did lol?

I definitely love Mrs. Vyque’s wedding gown; the colouring makes it all that much better than the standard fare.

Big hugs to everyone!

2. Sheila says:

You look smashing in that dress, Wendy – and Vyque’s dress is amazing.

I love the shout-out to “Firefly” – such a great series!

3. She looks beautiful, I love a bit of ombre!

4. Sally
    Twitter: sallymcgraw

So much gorgeousness! Vyque looks utterly radiant … and so do you, Wendy!

5. Vyque
    Twitter: fasshonaburu

XOXOXO thanks for coming!!!

6. Tanvi
    Twitter: tanvii

I REALLY like your dress!

7. The Style Crone
    Twitter: judithstylecrone.com

Love the colors. The bride is gorgeous and so are you.

8. Allie
    Twitter: wardrobe_oxygen

Oh I adore Vyque, and gosh she looked radiant on her big day! Thanks for featuring her lovely wedding!

9. Susan Tiner says:

I love weddings! The bride is gorgeous in those colors and your dress matches perfectly. I’ve not seen you in that Zang Toi before, it’s really fabulous. You’ve got a perfect figure for a fitted dress like that.

I’ve got weddings on the brain as my duaghter just got engaged, yay!

10. Midtown Girl says:

Wendy, I had such a FUN time with you at Vyque’s wedding!! Vyque looked stunning and your dress was simply gorgeous – loved it!! <3

11. such a happy wedding …

12. Terri says:

Oh, I love the idea of a magician as officiant! And her dress is very elegant!

13. Lara says:

You were in Virginia! What part?
    Good to know about the internet ordained issue here. I had been cooking something up in my head for a while. Oh well.

Lovely wedding dress and love how you matched!

I’m loving the dip dye gowns! And how perfectly did your dress work into the mix. You look gorg. and so does the beautiful bride.

15. tina m says:

The bride is gorgeous!!! I love her dress and do prefer it over Ms. Stefani’s dress! You, as usual, look fabulous! Of course, the cake steals the show! :)

16. brett says:

i adore the ombre effect of her dress.
    the colors are just dreamy and WANT a piece of the cake righ now
    you looking pretty fab yourself my darling!
    brett