Thursday, April 14, 2011

Here’s my latest manicure by celebrity manicurist Tracylee Percival. Yes, that’s what I always call her, even to her face: “celebrity manicurist Tracylee Percival.”

This 10-year-old purse needs a polish too. I see a big scratch on the right.

Tracylee used Red Roses by Gelish with Night Shimmer for the polka dots. Seeing as she recently declared that we must name all our manicure styles, this look will be known as “Scarlet Polka.”

I’m wondering what’s going on with my fingers here. Three of them are hanging out together, but the pinkie is kind of isolated. I wonder if the other fingers hate the pinkie the way the other vowels hate the letter Y.

26 Responses to “There’s Something About My Pinkie”

1. Cameron
    Twitter: CameronMiquelon

Maybe it’s just too much disco for one hand, so the red twins are isolating the disco twins from each other to contain the groove.

Or something like that. Whatever. ;)

2. Emma at Daily Clothes Fix
    Twitter: dailyclothesfix

Polka dot nails are just wonderful. Makes we want to crack open the polish. Thank you.

I love the red! And it matches your lips… bonus!

4. mystyle says:

Hi there-I think the little pinky is being in charge and checking the others stay in line!! Fabulous nails!! xx

5. Make Do Style
    Twitter: MakeDoStyle

Hahaha poor picked on pinkie! Looks dotty xx

6. Going Dotty over your nails! Love the Epi Leather too!

7. The Style Crone
    Twitter: judithstylecrone.com

This post made me smile, with your beautiful ‘Scarlet Polka’ nails hanging over a black bag with gold trim. Festive!

8. Rebecca says:

This makes me want a polka dot manicure, or really any manicure.

9. Awww..I adore polkas…..never really thought of putting them on my nails…..super cute Wendy…I may have to give it a try:) Im a clear polish girl lately:(

10. Susan Tiner says:

Poor little pinkie!

11. Elisse
    Twitter: cuteshopper

Love the polka dot nails – looks like the pinkie partied hard the night before and just can’t keep up with the rest of them today – LOL!

12. lisa says:

Poor lonely pinky. The other fingers don’t have to be so clique-y.

13. Lee Oliveira
    Twitter: leeoliveira82

Nothing like a celebrity manicurist I say. The closest I have ever come to a manicurist was one of those $2 ones in Bangkok. Nothing like having the cooking smells from the mother cooking out the back to add to the ambience. haha. Never again.

Lee
    x

14. Bella Q
    Twitter: citizenrosebudz

Who hates the letter y? Y is the best! And naming your manicures is genius esp with names like the Scarlet Polka. I imagine all kinds of dancing and a big red accordian going oompa-oompa.

15. love it. my nails need some serious tlc. Maybe I’l attempt to disco them out

16. Your pinkie is “going ballet” – in ballet you isolate the index and the pinkie, to create a more refined of a hand silhouette! See… a ballet posing hand, you’ve got!

17. Fajr | Stylish Thought
    Twitter: stylishthought

All these cool manicures are making me want to run and get those Sally Hansen stickers. I hear they are the bomb.com. You always have pro nails!

18. Winnie says:

Oh I like these! I really like how sometimes you get manicures where the pattern is on odd fingers, it’s really cute!

19. Lynette says:

It really is so much fun and/or enlightening and/or thought-provoking to come to your blog, WendyB. And then there are your Anti-spam words! happyday indeed!

Anyway, you’re a hoot. Thanks for being out there in cyberspace! Love this post–photo, text, links! I’m grinning while typing, something I can do quite safely.

20. Elizabeth says:

Clearly your pinkie is in a class by itself.

21. Eli says:

I like that they arent the same :)

Pinkie – the redheaded stepchild

22. Pearl Westwood
    Twitter: pearlwestwood

Maybe the other nails area bit envious of the dotty ones??

23. Think I need to find myself a celebrity manicurist – my nails keep breaking (probably age-related, everything else is!), though I do like the way you keep yours short. They look neat.

24. MizzJ says:

Super cute mani!! Seriously now, is there any other pattern out there more cheerful than polka dots?