Saturday, September 11, 2010

I hit the town for Fashion’s Night Out last night wearing my capitalism-promoting dollar dress and accompanied by hawt bloggers Jennine of The Coveted and Alyssa, Kathy and Vyque of Fasshonaburu.

From left: Alyssa, Jennine, Vyque, Kathy.

We ran away from the teeming masses fighting to get into Bergdorf Goodman, wandered through Astroturf inside Prada’s 5th Avenue store, and wound up spending most of our time at Saks Fifth Avenue. While the Fasshonaburu girls stalked Ed Westwick of Gossip Girl, bought a leather kilt and located Jordana of Clutch 22, Jennine and I shared a brownie and fondled candy boxes at the chocolate bar.

Jennine cuddles a heart-shaped box of chocolates. Click her to read her post.

Afterward, most of us dispersed, but Jennine and I headed to Bice for a drink. On our way, we passed the Tommy Hilfiger store and I had to stop in to see if they had the sex-ay over-the-knee duck boots I posted recently. They were all sold out of the blue-and-tan boots, but there was one display pair left of the all-blue boots. Luckily that pair was my size. I have absolutely no idea how I will style these boots. Maybe I will just keep wearing them with the dollar dress. It seemed to work tonight!

Screaming with boot joy!

I think it’s time for the evening-dress-with-high-heeled-rain-boots look to sweep the nation … don’t you?

UPDATED TO ADD: There are a couple of sizes of the brown-and-blue duck boots available at the Tommy Hilfiger site. Hurry over there if you’re 37.5 or 38!

32 Responses to “Fashion’s Night Out: So Excited I Could Scream”

1. Kristin
    Twitter: BonBonRoseGirls

Of COURSE you found them. They were made for you!

2. Melissa says:

Awwww AWESOME! I love them! You’re so lucky. I’d love to have been there. I was watching Fashion’s Night Out on QVC and dreaming about being there, so I was there in spirit! Enjoy your shoes! :)

3. Joy D. says:

You look like you had a hell of a lot of fun. I am expecting the press release of the designers that did my shirt to be in my inbox tomorrow.

JD
    iplayfaves.blogspot.com

4. Glendy says:

OMG! you were at Bergdorf too?!!! Man How come I didn’t see your smiling fashion kick-ass self :)?!!!!

5. Glendy says:

PS: I also just made a post about my crazy adventure, my fiance and I later went to get some drinks and cheap Japanese food to soothe the fashion over-load lol.

6. Emma says:

Wow, that dress is amazing. Those boots are pretty killer too.

7. Great Boots fantastic that you managed to get a pair in your size! Sounds like you had a great night!

8. ediot says:

what a fun dress. its so cool! you look stunning- wish i could be there too,
    have a wonderful weekend

xx

9. sharon rose says:

Yes, hope you set a trend and those lovely legs need to be seen more often too ;-) Those boots were a great buy for sure!!

10. Loving that dollar dress and those boots are just fantastic. :)SarahD

11. janettaylor says:

WOW! Awesome combanited…but definitely love those boots. :D

12. K-Line says:

Wendy: That photo of you is a joy to look at!

13. FUN…and I love the boots! Looks like you guys had a blast.

♥ V

14. Cameron says:

Oulala ! Sexy legs, madame ! And I had no idea those boots did come in all blue, but they definitely work with your money dress.

As for other opportunities, I’m thinking tan leather shorts… that’s all I’ve got so far.

15. deja pseu
    Twitter: dejapseu

Oh Wendy, those are so YOU. You could wear these with just about anything…they defy categorization.

16. Sheila says:

Oh, how I love those boots! You are rockin’ them, girl!

17. Kaity says:

those boots are amazing! you look great. :D

18. SWAN
    Twitter: SWANclothing

you got them?! too funny and very amazing.

19. Melissa
    Twitter: jeweldosedaily

so jealous of those boots!!! – for some reason I get temped to see them with some kind of deep red satin jumpsuit with a wide (maybe black) belt…. or not a jumpsuit but maybe monochrome shorts with a matching blouse with poofy and bunched cap sleeves (princess type sleeves)… these boots make me think satirical french whore meets fireman fashion statement..like in a good way – can-can outfit?.. or vera wang safe plays like THIS: http://www.iheartluxe.com/luxe-feature/846
    OR THIS? http://www.iheartluxe.com/luxe-feature/900
    Then again, I’d never suggest ANYONE take styling advice from me.

20. enc says:

Yes! Why don’t you *cut* costs and take your scissors to that dress! Time it was a mini!

21. Perhaps the boots could be named after you? The Brandes boots – sounds good eh?! Still can’t get over meeting Jane Birkin at FNO, London. Swoon.

22. Marian says:

darling i love those boots!!!!
    happy sunday! glad you had a fun FNO
    xx
    marian

23. Beautifully Invisible
    Twitter: BeautifullyInv

It sounds like it was an unforgettable night! Love the dress, and I think the boots are perfect in the all blue!

You look HOT!!!

25. Jessica says:

::squeal:: I’m so happy you bought those boots – they’re incredible and I’m excited to see the other ways you style them. However, and let’s be serious, I don’t think any other outfit can top that dollar dress!

26. Marina says:

Like combo with this boots and like your blog too!

27. Caroline says:

Love the dress! Actually, i spotted you at IFB last week and wanted to compliment you on the dress you were wearing that day … but you were interviewing and didn’t want to disturb! Love those boots too :)

28. Oh that dress! Love love LOVE!

29. Kari says:

What a beautiful and fun group of women to hang out with – and I LOVE your new boots! So fun. I look forward to seeing how you style them with other items.

30. this is just TOOO FABULOUS!!
    loveee your style so much!